Soooooo much went on in August. X____X Drive me crazy. NEVER doing 3 cons in one month again, EVER.
So, Natsucon was a last minute decision (and I mean really last minute.) It was a little bit bigger than the Arkansas conventions I help with, but it was much, much better...I had a lot of fun honestly. My Monster Hunter outfit when over really well and I found a couple of people familiar with the game! Yay! I also debuted Saber there and entered the contest with it. I received a Judges Choice, so I'm pretty happy about that, too. I met several Pandora Hearts fans as well and we made plans to get a group together at ASTL next year~
Konsplosion....eh, I don't know if I want to talk about this one...It was a first year con, so I really shouldn't have expected much, but really it just kinda sucked. I spent most of the time talking to friends since there really wasn't much to do. =3= Luckily I was staffing, so I didn't pay for my badge.
AFest! This one was much more recent in passing, so I remember things from it a heck of a lot better. The con went by waaaay too fast, but I met so many more people! >w< I got to see
again and we got a couple of photos taken together with our revamped FFXIII-2 cosplays. I'll post pics soon. I got to see
and her beautiful Queen Esther dress~ I was in my Tarot Card Cain outfit for all of Sunday and the two of us couldn't make it 3 feet without being stopped for pictures! Of course, as most cons go, damage was done and now my wings have gone to hell, but I'll be fixing them up a bit, probably going to make them smaller to be more con-friendly. Anyway. So most of the con was great! The artist alley was huge, the dealers room was gigantic, there were lots of people, and so on. ^__^ And again, I found Pandora Hearts people and made plans for a group for Akon. Woooh~! I actually managed to freak the hell out of a Xerxes Break cosplayer by creeping up behind her and then suddenly caressing her face. She nearly jumped out of her chair...so yeah, +2 on my Vincent creepin' skills.
1. Brother vs. Sister? I have both, but I think I get along with my brother best. He's a lot quieter.
2. Describe what your country/state/province is like. Lots of trees, lots of hills, and lots of churches.
3. Yaoi, Yuri, or are they both the same to you? I lean more towards yaoi since I'm into guys, but yuri's okay, too. I dunno. I'm not much for hard-core stuff. Only the fluff.
4. If you could be anything in the world that you dreamed of, what would you be? I dunno. o3o Movie costumer, I suppose.
5. Do you like going out to eat? Sometimes, usually if it's sushi.
6. Guess what I'm eating. Cake!
7. Like Big Bang Theory? (Please say yes... O__O)
8. White chocolate, or milk chocolate? Milk chocolate. >w<
9. Favorite movie? Jurassic Park
10. What is your dream car? That friggin 1987 Volkswagen Rabbit sitting in our shop building...unfortunately it belongs to my brother.
I'm not gonna tag anyone this time o' round, since I'm too lazy to.
Now, for some big news:
and I are now official cosplay partners for the World Cosplay Summit. The prelims are at San Japan next year, so it's the closest it's ever been to me. @w@ I'm so excited, and my parents seem pretty supported. We just have a LOT to do before next year! I'm definitely honing my skills and learning how to "properly" sew. And since
isn't giving away our cosplay plans, nether shall I! Luckily I have a lot of time before then, so I don't feel rushed. XwX
Now lastly, for those interested, here's a line-up of my upcoming cosplays:[link]
I'm revamping Arthur and Caius, Cecil from both FFIV and FFIV: The After Years, Jack Vessalius and revamp of Vincent from Pandora Hearts (and by revamping Vincent I mean adding a crazy Queen of Hearts prop,) Cain's Stories Untold outfit, Chaika from Cat Planet Cuties for TnT group, Folken from Escaflowne: The Movie for AKon group, Botan from Yu Yu Hakusho for Izumicon group, Saber Lily from Fate/Stay Extra for TnT group, and finally Nargacuga from Monster Hunter! I think Nargacuga's gonna be a fave of mine to do~ I'm super excited! I'm gonna make a form fitting mask so I can use my own eyes aaaand getting a voice changing box so my growls and hisses will be a bit creepier.
Welp, that's all the things my scatter brained mind can come up with as far as updates, so ta-dah! o3o